Art of the Deal
2 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
Michael L. Reinert and Monika A. Tashman presented the panel, "Art of the Deal" at the tenth annual Indie Week 2015 event. Using real life examples, hypothetical situations and mock negotiations, Reinert and Tashman explored the basic structures of music artist deals from the label's perspective.
This panel addressed the following topics:
- time and product commitment guidelines
- concerns regarding artists in niche genres and relative commitment guides
- the importance of synch rights and related economics
- what label streams labels can join
- several different economic models
This panel was presented by Michael Reinert and Monika Tashman from Fox Rothschild LLP and Eric German from Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP.