Eric counsels a variety of health care entities, including hospitals, physicians and physician organizations, startups and biotechnology companies, in connection with the development and structuring of business objectives, operation of business activities and regulatory compliance, among other things. He also handles a variety of general corporate matters.
In the health care area, Eric has particular experience in:
- Drafting and negotiating managed care contracts, physician employment agreements, affiliation agreements and clinical research agreements.
- Advising health care clients on the corporate practice of medicine, including professional entity formation and structuring arrangements with management services organizations.
- Assisting clients in the acquisition of health care entities and coordinates change of ownership procedures to comply with regulatory requirements and certifications.
- Advising clients concerning regulatory matters, including Medicare participation and reimbursement guidelines, HIPAA/HITECH compliance and structuring of business arrangements.
He also assists companies entering the emerging market for legalized cannabis* in a range of corporate and regulatory services.
* Please be mindful that possessing, using, distributing and/or selling marijuana is a federal crime, and no legal advice given by Fox is intended to provide any guidance or assistance in violating federal law.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Eric was an attorney in the New York office of a national law firm. He also worked as a contracts specialist and as a legal fellow in the office of general counsel at NYU Langone Medical Center.
While in law school, he was a law clerk for Corporate Legal Affairs at the University Hospitals Health System and a legal intern for the Indiana Secretary of State in the Securities Division.