Eric is an experienced trial lawyer who provides strategic guidance to both businesses and individuals in a wide range of commercial disputes, government and internal investigations, compliance matters, and administrative and criminal proceedings.
Representative matters Eric has handled include:
- Successfully obtained a defense award for an investment adviser and broker-dealer in a securities arbitration matter.
- Prevailed in litigation over the interpretation of a prohibited-use provision in a commercial lease on behalf of a national retailer.
- Secured emergency appointments of receivers for commercial and high-density residential properties on behalf of a local bank.
- Prevailed in a series of appeals to the district court and Third Circuit Court of Appeals in multiple bankruptcy proceedings on behalf of a Chapter 7 trustee.
- Defended a manufacturer of automotive decals in multiple injunction proceedings and other contract disputes.
- Defended an individual investor in a Bernard Madoff “feeder fund” against clawback claims brought by the Madoff trustee.
- Successfully enforced a contractual arbitration and venue selection provision on behalf of a credit and debit card transaction processor.
- Represented the former director of a failed bank against mismanagement claims asserted by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Represented a defendant in the appeal of her criminal sentence for public corruption offenses.
- Defended a national bank against alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Represented an investment fund in an involuntary bankruptcy proceeding.
- Defended a manufacturer of industrial conveying equipment against warranty and product defect claims.
- Represented a patent holder and manufacturer in a patent infringement suit.
- Defended a transportation company in a multi-injury accident case.
- Represented a pharmaceutical manufacturer in prosecuting trade secret misappropriation claims arising from the unauthorized publication of its manufacturing process.
- Defended an automotive manufacturer against breach of contact and confidential information/trade secret misappropriation claims.
- Defended an automotive supplier against horizontal market allocation claims under Section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act.
- Represented an automotive manufacturer in prosecuting breach of contract, fraud and negligence claims against its energy services provider for implementing a derivatives-based hedging strategy that resulted in tens of millions of dollars in losses.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eric previously practiced with Foley & Lardner LLP and Clark Hill PLC in Detroit, Michigan, where he handled a variety of business litigation disputes.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Eric serves on the board of directors for CADEkids, a nonprofit organization that trains students to make smart decisions in their daily lives and prevent drug use, violence and other risky behavior. He also is a “Big” in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters “Beyond School Walls” program.
Securities Compliance Sentinel Blog
The highly regulated securities and financial industry has a host of complex problems—and financial institutions often find themselves on the receiving end of audits, investigations and other compliance issues. Our seasoned securities attorneys have the knowledge and experience to address cutting edge industry issues. Join them in their exploration of this increasingly complex area.
Primer on Government and Internal Investigations
Download Full e-Book (pdf file)
Risk Avoidance Techniques for Financial Advisors
Webinar: Practical Risk Management for Financial Advisors and Supervisors
This practical webinar is designed for executives responsible for monitoring, measuring and controlling risks. Whether you must deal with or are a regulator, board member or senior management, this presentation highlights best practices.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of "Pennsylvania Super Lawyers" (2013-2017)
- Included in “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Business Litigation (2013, 2014)
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell® as a Top Rated Lawyer™ in Criminal Defense (2015)