Eric is an experienced trial attorney who represents a wide variety of clients in the financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, medical device and other industries in business disputes and in their interactions with the government.
His practice focuses on business litigation and white collar compliance and defense.
Eric draws on a strong familiarity with the regulatory apparatus to help his clients navigate and comply with the maze of local, state and federal regulations that govern their businesses. And if an agency takes action against a client, Eric is experienced in conducting internal investigations, recommending and implementing corrective action, and defending the client’s interests before the court or agency tribunal.
Comprehensive Litigation Services
Eric has done extensive work helping clients improve their business practices to avoid litigation, including providing counsel to boards of directors and company officers on strategic decisions involving risk avoidance, litigation assessment and insurance matters. When litigation is unavoidable, Eric draws on his considerable experience in corporate matters including supply chain disputes, product liability issues and business torts to provide effective, pragmatic counsel.
He has handled cases involving breach of contract, patent infringement, trade secrets misappropriation, warranty and product defects and a wide range of other claims.
Eric is a tenacious advocate when a case demands an aggressive approach, but when the smartest, most strategic and most economical course of action for a client is to strike an agreement, he is adept at steering litigation toward settlement negotiations, keeping his clients’ interests front of mind.
Representative matters Eric has handled include:
- Successfully obtained a defense award for an investment adviser and broker-dealer in a securities arbitration matter.
- Prevailed in litigation over the interpretation of a prohibited-use provision in a commercial lease on behalf of a national retailer.
- Secured emergency appointments of receivers for commercial and high-density residential properties on behalf of a local bank.
- Prevailed in a series of appeals to the district court and Third Circuit Court of Appeals in multiple bankruptcy proceedings on behalf of a Chapter 7 trustee.
- Defended a manufacturer of automotive decals in multiple injunction proceedings and other contract disputes.
- Defended an individual investor in a Bernard Madoff “feeder fund” against clawback claims brought by the Madoff trustee.
- Successfully enforced a contractual arbitration and venue selection provision on behalf of a credit and debit card transaction processor.
- Represented the former director of a failed bank against mismanagement claims asserted by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Represented a defendant in the appeal of her criminal sentence for public corruption offenses.
- Defended a national bank against alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Represented an investment fund in an involuntary bankruptcy proceeding.
- Defended a manufacturer of industrial conveying equipment against warranty and product defect claims.
- Represented a patent holder and manufacturer in a patent infringement suit.
- Defended a transportation company in a multi-injury accident case.
- Represented a pharmaceutical manufacturer in prosecuting trade secret misappropriation claims arising from the unauthorized publication of its manufacturing process.
- Defended an automotive manufacturer against breach of contact and confidential information/trade secret misappropriation claims.
- Defended an automotive supplier against horizontal market allocation claims under Section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act.
- Represented an automotive manufacturer in prosecuting breach of contract, fraud and negligence claims against its energy services provider for implementing a derivatives-based hedging strategy that resulted in tens of millions of dollars in losses.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eric previously practiced with Foley & Lardner LLP and Clark Hill PLC in Detroit, Michigan, where he handled a variety of business litigation disputes.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Eric serves on the board of directors for CADEkids, a nonprofit organization that trains students to make smart decisions in their daily lives and prevent drug use, violence and other risky behavior. He also is a “Big” in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters “Beyond School Walls” program.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" (2013-2017)
- Named to “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Business Litigation (2013, 2014)
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named in Martindale-Hubbell® as a Top Rated Lawyer™ in Criminal Defense (2015)