33rd Annual Tax and Financial Planning Seminar Series
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
5:30 to 8:15 p.m.
For CPAs, Attorneys, Life Underwriters and Financial Planners
The Tax and Financial Planning Seminar Series is designed to meet the demands of your clients in a highly competitive and vastly changing tax world. The firm is an approved sponsor for New York and New Jersey CPE Credits for both CPAs and PAs.
Major tax legislation is expected to be enacted before year end that will affect all taxpayers and the way professionals advise their clients.
These courses are designed to cover practical and timely applications of topics relevant to the legal, accounting and financial planning practices. Practical planning, drafting and compliance considerations will be discussed. Two sessions involving auditing issues for accountants are scheduled to be conducted by a qualified CPA.
Detailed outlines, drafting samples (where relevant) and tax return examples are distributed at each session. Ample opportunity exists for questions and answers, as well as an exchange of ideas among fellow professionals.
- Discussion of anticipated legislation dealing with estate and income tax changes and how the new legislation affects the professional’s practice
- Estate planning in low interest rate, down-market conditions
- Review of major new cases, rulings and regulations over the past year on corporate, individual, gift and estate tax, and IRS practice and procedure
- Enhancing the professional’s practice through litigation support (coordinated by the firm’s litigation attorneys)
- Professional’s role in conducting IRS and state tax audits, including effective negotiating techniques
- How to move to or establish trust situs in favorable tax jurisdictions
- Planning with life insurance, including premium financing
- Tax and estate planning for the terminally ill client – New Jersey and federal issues
- State domicile issues relating to income and estate tax and how to effectively change client’s domicile
- Structuring corporate and partnership/LLC buyouts, including redemptions and cross purchase, basis issues and ordinary income versus capital gains.
- Succession planning for closely-held business entities, including family issues, tax issues and commercial issues
- Income and estate tax issues in connection with matrimonial matters, including divorce issues to be discussed by matrimonial attorneys
- Roth IRAs and when to convert or not to convert from traditional IRA
- Auditing (2 sessions: December & January) – Accountants only
To Register Contact