Advanced Estate Planning
1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Estate administration can be a complex task, especially if there has not been careful planning. You owe it to both your client and yourself to administer the estate correctly. The more you know about estate tax and the basic principles of valuation, the more effectively you can represent the best interests of your client.
This intermediate-level seminar will give you the information you need to address some of the more complex issues you may confront when administering all types of estates, from pre-probate procedures through distribution of the assets. It will also give you the confidence you need to enhance your performance in this area.
Explore the more sophisticated issues involved in the estate administration process, including:
- Will Contests
- Disclaimers as a Post-Mortem Planning Tool
- Post-Mortem Distributions From Qualified Plans and IRAs
- Elective Share of the Surviving Spouse
- Funding of Trusts
- Treatment of Hard to Value Assets
- Preparing Federal and New Jersey Estate and Inheritance Tax Returns
- Income Tax Issues for the Estate and Trusts