American Taxpayer Relief Act: What You Need to Know for Tax Planning and Compliance Under the New Law
400 Avenue of the Champions
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Get a detailed understanding of the American Taxpayer Relief Act (ATRA) with this information-packed seminar that will provide you with crucial insight into the specifics of the new law. Among the significant effects of ATRA, we will examine:
- Business tax extenders and certain modifications for research credits, new markets tax credits, work opportunity tax credits and similar provisions, as well as increased expensing and cost recovery allowances for leasehold improvements, and qualified restaurant and retail improvements.
- Corporate taxpayers escape significant overhaul of the corporate tax provisions but Congress is still looking for corporate tax reform proposals in the near term.
- The attack on the preferential treatment on profits or "carried interests" survives at least for now.
- Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains on high-income individuals.
- Permanent patch for the alternative minimum tax.
- Reduction to built-in gains tax under Subchapter S to five years.
- Impact of changes on choice of entity.
- Retention of the estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer (GST) tax exemption amounts.
- Review of various transfer tax exemptions and rates.
- The use and misuse of the spousal portability exemption.
- Continued availability of family discounts for gifts or bequests of minority interests in family enterprises.
- Can last year's gifts, based on the assumption that the exemption amounts would decrease after 2012, be successfully unwound since the $5 million levels were retained?
- Meet new Section 1411: Congress imposes "self-employment" type taxes for the first time on passive investment income of individuals, estates and trusts.
- Complex rules applicable to trusts, estates and their beneficiaries.
- Impact on ownership and sale of investment property, including real estate.
3.0 Credits for Florida, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Joseph J. Kulunas
Registration - 11:30 a.m.
Lunch - Noon
Program - 1 to 4 p.m.
Plese click here to register for this event
For questions please contact Maria Ockenhouse at email@example.com or 215.299.2819.