Best Practices To Engage Stakeholders To Effectively Negotiate Construction Contracts
At the CMFA Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference on September 25, Fox Construction Law Partner Ronald Williams will join a panel on negotiating construction contracts.
Contract negotiation is a key risk management function in every construction company. While knowledge of contract language is central to the negotiation process, the communication, approach to negotiation and inclusion of key stakeholders are also essential to success.
After attending this interactive session, attendees will:
- Have an understanding of a comprehensive approach to reviewing contracts and other legal documents.
- Identify and involve key internal and external stakeholders as partners during the review and negotiation processes.
- Assess their project and contract risks.
- Understand methods to effectively utilize outside legal counsel.
- Recognize contract negotiation options for key risk areas as demonstrated with role playing and case studies.