Cohabitation and Alimony Payments: Understand the Laws in New Jersey
Robert A. Epstein will speak at the Lorman event, "Cohabitation and Alimony Payments: Understand the Laws in New Jersey," which will discuss the alimony laws in New Jersey and how cohabitation may impact alimony payments.
When an alimony obligation exists following a divorce, many former spouses do not know his or her rights with respect to cohabitation and how it may impact upon the alimony payments. This session will provide substantive information to practitioners and litigants about cohabitation, how to know when it occurs, what a court faced with the issue will consider and what the litigation process entails.
- Pre-2014 Amendment to New Jersey Alimony Statute
- Post-2014 Amendment to New Jersey Alimony Statute
- Cohabitation Without Payee Spouse Residing With Cohabitant
- "Economic Benefits Test"
- Amended Law – Is the "Economic Benefits Test" Dead?
- "Suspension or Termination" Under the Amended Law
- Use of Private Investigators
- Burden of Proof
- Other Possible Proofs
*Please note that there is a cost associated with this event