Collective Bargaining Agreements: Who Is Covered and How Will the New Overtime Rules Impact Your School Entity in the Immediate Future?
10 Sentry Parkway, Suite 200
Blue Bell, PA 19422-3001
Jeffrey T. Sultanik and Bonnie A. Young will speak at Fox Rothschild's Education Lunch and Learn event, "Collective Bargaining Agreements: Who Is Covered and How Will the New Overtime Rules Impact Your School Entity in the Immediate Future?"
Jeffrey and Bonnie will discuss the issues surrounding the use of collective bargaining agreements in schools and the impact of the new overtime rules on the classification of school employees. Topics will include:
- What job classifications are covered by your collective bargaining agreements and which are not? Why is this a hot topic for labor unions?
- What happens when a labor union files a petition for unit clarification or a recognition clause grievance?
- Why are support staff unions trying to merge with professional staff unions? What is the procedure and what does it mean for bargaining?
- Accretion elections: What they are? How do the election rules work? How do they differ from elections of unrepresented employees? What do they mean for school entities in Pennsylvania?
- How will the new overtime regulations impact school entities? What steps should schools take to make sure they are in compliance? What employees are impacted by the new rules?