Dodd-Frank and the New Hedge Fund Registration Rules
The Dodd-Frank reforms have instituted a number of new requirements that impact the investment management community. One significant change to this landscape is the redefinition of hedge funds by the federal government and the registration requirements hedge funds now face.
Topics will include:
• What are the thresholds that trigger SEC or state registration for hedge funds as investment advisors?
• What exemptions from registration exist?
• How does a hedge fund register as an investment advisor?
• What are the deadlines for registration?
• What are the increased reporting and compliance obligations that fall on hedge funds that are required to register as investment advisors?