Offshore Tax Evasion & Bank Secrecy Update
Monday, September 13, 2010
1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Hosted By: ALI-ABA
Live Telephone Seminar/Live Audio Webcast
Join Fox Rothschild attorney Jerald David August at ALI-ABA's Live Telephone Seminar/Live Audio Webcast: Offshore Tax Evasion & Bank Secrecy Update
Jerald David August will delve into the intricate issues raised by the Department of Justice and the IRS' pursuit of those individuals and persons who have violated U.S. law under the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) reporting requirements as well as under the Internal Revenue Code.
Jerry will join government officials in covering topics including:
- Update on IRS and Department of Justice Efforts to Obtain Names of Non-Compliant U.S. Taxpayers from Foreign Banks and Financial Intermediaries
- Tax Compliance Obligations of U.S. Taxpayers Having Foreign Financial Investments
- Voluntary Disclosure of Non-Compliant Taxpayers
- Mitigating Penalties under the Code and FBAR Requirements
- Ethical Obligations of the Lawyer Advising Clients on Compliance Matters
- "Know Your Client" Implications to the Lawyers and Professional Service Organizations
View More Information