Governance Roundtable for Shareholders, Officers and Directors
San Francisco, CA 94104
1:30 to 5 p.m.
Join facilitators Laura Howard , partner in Fox Rothschild’s San Francisco office, and Kathryn Sprankle, of Sprankle Leadership , for this roundtable discussion of governance issues that will be predetermined by the participants.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership vs. leadership concepts
- Board vs. management duties and responsibilities
- Director qualifications and expectations
- Value of outside directors and advisers; how to identify candidates
- Relevant board meeting topics
- Roles of specific officers and the chair
- Board meeting preparation and participation
- Duties of care and loyalty
- Annual board evaluation
- Shareholder education and engagement
- Director nomination and election procedures
- Board committees
- National and global governance trends
- Legal updates
- Updating bylaws and shareholder agreements
There will be a cocktail reception immediately following the discussion.
*Please register soon as our table is limited to 12 participants. The cost to register is $250 for members and $300 for non-members.