How To Handle Travel Pay Legally
Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), time spent by employees in activities before or after their shift may be considered as working time and therefore compensable. One of these preliminary activities is travel time.
Mark Tabakman will explain the 'art' of recognizing when such issues present themselves and how to rectify them before the start of real trouble.
- The Concept of Preliminary/Postliminary Work
- The Kinds of Employee Travel-When Are They Compensable
- Rules for Overnight Travel
- Proactive Strategizing: Drafting An Appropriate Travel Time Policy
- Class Action Trigger Points.
- Other Working Time Issues
The webinar will benefit attendees by providing practical advice and legalities analysis to ensure that the top problem areas/issues are found out.