I-9 Compliance Procedures and Best Practices
Roseland, NJ 07068-1600
8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Registration and continental breakfast: 8 to 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 to 10 a.m.
Join us as we walk you – step by step – through the specifics of what you must do in order to meet legal and procedural responsibilities associated with the Form I-9 under current rules. Our speaker – an experienced immigration attorney who has assisted countless employers with their Form I-9 issues – will present a detailed review of the I-9 process, I-9 records retention requirements, and best practices to benefit attendees at all experience levels. Our program will cover:
- Developing a company-wide compliance program
- Documenting employees without violating anti-discrimination laws
- Identifying and reviewing documents for authenticity
- Auditing and correcting I-9 forms
- Navigating pitfalls in the process
- Understanding the penalties for noncompliance, including simple clerical errors
- Handling the receipt of Social Security No-Match letters
New Jersey CLE - 1.8 General
New York CLE (Reciprocal) -
1.8 Skills - Non-Transitional
This course also provides
1.5 HRCI credits.
Please RSVP by Jan. 6 by clicking here.
For questions, please contact Maria Ockenhouse.