Liberty and Law – A Civics Education Program for Norristown Middle Schools
9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Wendy Rothstein is one of 15 attorneys who are paired with 15 judges to go into the classrooms of Norristown Area School District middle schools including, Stewart Middle School, East Norriton Middle School and the Eisenhower Science and Technology Leadership Academy, for six-week sessions on liberty and the law. The sessions take place in September, October and November of 2010, and March, April and May of 2011.
Session Topics Include:
- September - Why study law?
- October - Where Do Rights Come From?
- November - What Is the Role of the Citizen?
- March - What is the Role of the Judge?
- April - How does the appeal process work?
- May - What are some law-related career options?