New Challenges for Federal Contractors
1380 Harbor Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Reggie Jones will be presenting, "New Challenges for Federal Contractors," at the ABC Legal Conference hosted by Associated Builders and Contractors.
Please join Reggie as he discusses the challenges associated with the executive orders and myriad new regulations issued by the Obama Administration and the effect they, and increased civil False Claims Act enforcement, have had on federal contractors or commercial contractors working on projects funded even partially with federal money. This session will address how construction industry can comply with the new requirements in light of the estimate that the cost of compliance may be as high as thirty cents of every contract dollar.
Other federal contracting topics of discussion will include:
- Changes to the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan requirements.
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and VEVRAA
- The Department of Justice’s focus on the construction industry, including case studies involving:
- Alleged misrepresentation and misclassification of Davis Bacon wage rate cases
- Alleged false certification of 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, DBE, and other Small Business Concerns
- Alleged Buy American Act Violation
*Please note that there is a cost to attend this event.