NLRB’s Expanding Agenda: Reinventing Itself Under the Obama Administration
April 19, 2012
11th Annual Labor and Employment Law 2012 Seminar
Las Vegas, NV
9:50 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
David Faustman will discuss the "NLRB's Expanding Agenda: Reinventing Itself Under the Obama Administration" at the 11th Annual Labor and Employment Law 2012 Seminar. In his session, he will cover:
- NLRB’s Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Jurisdiction issues
- Election representation: proposed changes and decisions; union elections/decertification; what are the rules?
- Extension of the reach of the NLRA and its impact on employers: both union and non union, impact on bargaining unit, the NLRB definition of “Section 7 Rights", and NLRB posting requirements and the impact on communications with employees
- Policies that are per se violations of the NLRA
- Recent NLRB activities and cases, e.g. Boeing, social media, Facebook postings, blogging