Overtime Pay Claims for After-Hours Use of Electronic Devices: Navigating the Latest DOL and Case Law Developments
Mark E. Tabakman will speak at the Stafford Live CLE Webinar, "Overtime Pay Claims for After-Hours Use of Electronic Devices: Navigating the Latest DOL and Case Law Developments," which will provide guidance to employment counsel and their clients on effective measures to protect against overtime pay claims resulting from employees' increased use of electronic devices to perform work-related tasks after hours. The panel will examine recent Department of Labor (DOL) developments regarding after hours use of electronic devices, tackle new fact situations involving electronic devices and "working time," and provide strategies for defeating claims.
Topics to be covered include:
- What are the latest DOL developments impacting employees use of electronic devices after hours?
- How does continuous connectivity of employees affect the definition of working time and compensable time?
- What are the defenses to electronic overtime pay claims?
- What best practices should be implemented to avoid claims of electronic overtime pay?
- What strategies work to defeat certification in collective actions when employees claim a group of employees are entitled to electronic overtime pay?