Preventing Employers From Getting Blown to Bits: The Minefields of Employment Law Compliance
Steven K. Ludwig will present at the Surgent Professional Education event, "Preventing Employers From Getting Blown to Bits: The Minefields of Employment Law Compliance."
Steven will discuss areas where employers face compliance challenges including new federal, state and local laws. Topics covered will include:
- New Fair Labor Standards Act Rules – Department of Labor changes to overtime
- The Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 – Federal courts enter the trade secrets fray
- Use of criminal records in employment decisions
- “Ban-the-Box” laws
- The Activist National Labor Relations Board
- Prohibited policies
- New representation rules
- The Affordable Care Act
- Cadillac Tax update
- Reporting issues
- Severance agreement pitfalls
- Plant closing/ mass layoff law
*Please note that there is a cost to attend the event.