Spring Legal Updates for Your Business
Blue Bell, PA 19422
The year began with some political drama in Washington, as last-minute negotiations attempted to avert sending the nation over the "fiscal cliff." On January 1, Congress passed the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, which makes permanent many of the Bush-era tax provisions and forever changes how we approach estate planning. After this presentation you will:
- Know the provisions of the Act that impact estate planning, trust administration and the administration of decedents' estates in 2013 and beyond
- Understand the rules of "portability" and the risks it poses to our clients
- Appreciate the importance of state inheritance and estate tax rules in planning
- Be prepared to advise clients on revising existing estate plans and future plans
Armed To Battle the Costs of E-Discovery
Over the past 10 years, electronic discovery (e-discovery) has completely changed the landscape of civil litigation. Now, any company using email or storing documentation on computers may face significant, additional and unplanned expenses if involved in a lawsuit. But armed with the right knowledge, there are steps your business can take to plan for and ease those costs significantly. In this presentation, you will learn:
- What e-discovery is, and why it has made litigation so much more complex and expensive
- How your business can avoid the risk of high-cost sanctions from losing or destroying relevant evidence
- How your business can develop a plan to ease the costs of e-discovery, before and after disputes arise
- Recent and future developments in the area of e-discovery
Please RSVP by April 16.
For questions or more information please contact Maria Ockenhouse at 215.299.2819 or [email protected].
2 CPE Credits will be offered.