The Basics of Chapter 7
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Are you prepared to handle consumer bankruptcy claims? A solid understanding of fundamental bankruptcy law and procedures is essential to your confidence and effectiveness as a bankruptcy practitioner. Withthis practical program you will learn the technical skills needed to provide immediate protection to clients and help them establish a financially stable future.
Michael Viscount will present the program: The Basics of Chapter 7
- Information to Obtain From Debtors
- How to Apply the Means Test
- Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Property
- When to File Petition and Related Documents
- The Trustee’s Role
- Automatic Stay
- What to Expect From Creditors’ Meetings
- Spot Problems When Liquidating Remaining Assets
- Control Distribution to Creditors and Discharge of Bankruptcy