The Virtues of Being Virtual! Getting Your Company Off the Ground
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Statistics prove that more businesses fold in their first year or so than survive. So how do you avoid the inevitable pitfalls? Modern communications such as the internet, cell phones and social networking have made starting a business easier than ever by lowering overhead considerably and bringing global expertise to everyone’s doorstep.
Join a group of panelists who all have significant experience of virtual or semi-virtual start ups, and developing companies to gain an understanding of:
- The critical factors that divide successful virtual strategies from failures
- The advantages of virtual vs traditional
- How being virtual can help in raising capital; negotiating the pathway with the FDA and identifying real commercial opportunities vs academic niceties
- The difference between needs for a virtual business vs wants
- Why virtual businesses make sense to achieve success in a highly cost effective and practical manner
Nicholas U. Spring, BSc (Hons), DipM., Chartered Marketer
President & CEO, Topaz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Thomas R. Beck, M.D., Venture Partner, Fidelity Biosciences
Thomas S. Lytle, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, Neogenix Oncology
Jeffrey H. Nicholas, Esq., Chair, Technology & Venture Finance Group, Fox Rothschild
Thomas C. Tillett, President & CEO, MBF Therapeutics