Taxation and Wealth Planning
- Gained a favorable ruling in representation of a beneficiary of an estate in seeking interpretation of a 1940s document, resulting in significant recovery by our client.
- Represented a trustee in asking for declaratory judgment as to whether adopted children and their offspring were entitled to distribution of an $70 million trust.
- Prosecuted successfully a surcharge case against a fiduciary found guilty of negligence/self dealing.
- Defeated an action to remove a corporate trustee from management of a large community foundation.
- Pursued successfully a life insurance carrier to win reinstatement of a multimillion-dollar policy held as a trust asset.
- Sought ruling decades later on a 1929 trust regarding what law applied given that all circumstances and investment provisions were out of date.
- Challenged the conduct of an executor resulting in his removal from a $100 million estate and the placement of our client as executor.
- Defended executors of a $560 million corporate foundation against a motion to remove them.
- Represented an incapacitated CEO of a steel corporation in a guardianship worth $14 million.