Franchising A to Z
No matter what your situation - from coffee shops to real estate brokerages to printing services - our attorneys can help you advance to the next stage.
- We represent clients in the full range of franchise law matters, including registrations, renewals and drafting of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), the preparation of franchise agreements and related documents and handling franchise regulatory matters with various state agencies.
- We have been involved in the development and roll-out of numerous regional and national franchise systems, including handling the financing and structuring of the franchisor and affiliated entities, counseling the franchisor on effective strategies to employ within the franchise system, IP issues and negotiation of agreements with franchisees, including area developers and master franchisees.
- We have represented franchisors in litigation regarding termination of franchisees, protection of IP and enforcement of restrictive covenants, among other matters.
- We offer our franchise clients access to an extensive network of business-building contacts – ranging from professionals in early stage financing, accounting and operational systems to exit strategies – to assist clients with startup, expansion or just additional help along the way.
Our services include:
- Entity formation and corporate structure
- Startup and all aspects of operations, including leasing, employee issues, liquor licensing, intellectual property, regulatory approvals, etc.
- Commercialization of nationwide roll-out strategies
- Site analysis
- Employment issues
- Supply agreements
- Product development
- Liquor licenses
- Regulatory issues
- Branding and intellectual property
- Family business issues