Gina advises clients in multistate and international tax planning and controversy resolution, including sales, use, property and excise taxes; multistate and multinational income taxes; and international transaction tax planning. Gina also counsels nonprofit entities on tax exemption and related governance matters. In addition, she handles tax aspects of reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions for companies ranging from emerging businesses to multinational corporations.
Earlier in her career, Gina practiced at Deloitte for 14 years. She is also a frequent speaker on multistate and international tax topics and nonprofit planning matters for various professional organizations.
- Works with the firm’s mergers and acquisitions and venture capital practices to advise on tax strategy and optimization for buyers, sellers and investors of all types of entities and transactions.
- Advises clients undergoing state or federal audits of income, sales/use or payroll tax and related appeals.
- Structures executive compensation arrangements to optimize tax benefits to both employers and employees.
- Assists with the formation of both taxable and nonprofit organizations, including advice regarding entity selection and related tax and accounting planning.
- Counsels taxable and nonprofit organizations regarding best practices for tax compliance, structuring and related governance.
- Provides tax controversy audit and appeal support for both state and federal tax disputes.
- Focuses on transactional tax matters involving mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, entity selection and related tax planning for both taxable and nonprofit entities.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Gina was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP for eight years. Before that, she was a tax senior manager at Deloitte focusing in international tax planning and serving as leader of that firm’s Minneapolis transaction tax practice. She also served as the partner in charge of the tax practice for a large, local Minneapolis accounting firm where she oversaw and advised on individual, pass-through and corporate tax matters.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the "Best Lawyers in America" (2013-2017)
- Distinguished Service Award, Minnesota State Bar Association, Tax Section (2013)
- Named to “North Star Lawyers” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2012-2016)
- Volunteer of the Year Award, LegalCorps (2011)