Greg is an experienced real estate attorney who represents national and regional lending institutions, institutional investors, corporations, developers and individuals in their real estate-related transactions throughout the United States as well as internationally.
Greg’s practice is focused on real estate finance transactions; commercial and residential property acquisitions, management and dispositions; development and leasing of property; corporate formation; and merger and acquisition transactions.
He routinely represents his clients in a range of lending transactions, including multifamily residential, commercial real estate, lending, leasehold, commercial and industrial lending, mezzanine financing and other asset-backed financing; the creation and sale of large-scale mortgage pools; and the negotiation of intercreditor and participation agreements.
Greg is highly experienced in handling distressed assets and regularly drafts, negotiates and closes loan modifications, forbearance agreements, stipulated settlement agreements, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, bank-owned property management and dispositions, loan sales and other asset dispositions.
Additionally, Greg guides his clients through entity formation, consolidation and dissolution as well as drafts operating agreements and board resolutions and helps address and resolve corporate governance issues.
- Represented a regional lending institution in the financing of a $12 million commercial loan.
- Represented a national lending institution in the financing of $3 million multifamily housing project.
- Represented various clients in the management and dispositions of bank-owned property.
- Represented a national lending institution in the modification of a multiple facility lending relationship.
- Represented an institutional investor in a bulk loan sale transaction of 56 loan facilities.
- Represented a regional lender in the modification of a warehouse lending relationship.
- Represented a national lending institution in the disposition of various branch site locations.
- Played a critical role in restructuring a transaction for a company consisting of more than 100 entities in 10 states and another attempted restructuring of a company consisting of more than 300 entities in 14 states.
- Drafted the majority of loan modification, transfer and amendment documents for a workout of $40 million in loans.
- Coordinated the dissolution of a company after the sale of the majority of its assets.
- Represented a health care company in the acquisition of two facilities in Tennessee.
- Represented a national lender in the origination of 21 of 23 loans in $281 million mortgage pool and assisted in the sale of the pool to Fannie Mae.
- Drafted loan documents and reviewed due diligence for a $7.1 billion financing of an acquisition of a hotel chain and the subsequent $130 million acquisition of additional properties.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Greg served as real estate and finance special counsel at one of the largest law firms in the United States. While in law school, he served as a law clerk in the Special Litigation Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice as well as a legal assistant to the town attorney in the Town of Lakeville, Indiana. He also spent a summer abroad as part of the university’s Summer London Law Program.
Prior to his practice of law, Greg spent a year as an architectural intern for a Washington, DC-based design firm.