Helene is co-chair of Fox Rothschild's Antitrust Practice Group. In more than three decades as an antitrust counselor and litigator, she has been involved in many of the major antitrust cases and transactions that have shaped the law and defined the parameters of doing business in the United States for a host of industries, including chemicals, consumer products, airlines, cosmetics, electronics, health care, pharmaceuticals, professional sports, publishing and telecommunications.
Helene focuses her practice on the transactional, counseling and litigation aspects of antitrust law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, single firm conduct and distribution matters. She adopts dynamic strategies, often coordinating between multiple jurisdictions and forums, to achieve successful results for her clients.
Helene also represents clients buying and selling companies both domestically and internationally, as well as clients whose pricing, promotional or marketing practices are under scrutiny or challenged by the Antitrust Division, Federal Trade Commission, other government regulatory agencies, or private parties, including competitors, customers and consumers. She has handled several Lanham Act advertising, trademark and trade dress cases, encompassing injunctions, bench and jury trials.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Helene was co-chair of the Antitrust Group at Weil Gotshal & Manges and later headed the Antitrust Group at Proskauer Rose.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Helene serves on the Leadership Council for the International Women's Health Coalition and American Friends Musée d'Orsay. In addition, she is a Managing Director of Golden Seeds and a Board Member of Literacy Inc.
She is a former Adjunct Professor at New York University School of Law, where she taught a graduate course in Federal Trade Commission Law and is and is a frequent speaker and author on antitrust, merger, advertising and marketing issues.
She is also active in Barnard Alumnae affairs.
Honors & Awards
- Benchmark Litigation: Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys
- Listed as a National Litigation Star (2018)
- Selected as a Local Litigation Star in New York Antitrust ((2014-2015, 2018)
- Listed in the “Top 250 Women in Litigation” (2016-2017)
- Selected as a US Litigation Star (2014-2015)
- Named as one of the leading Antitrust attorneys in New York by Chambers USA (2015-2016)
- Named in Chambers Global
- Named in US Legal 500
- Named in Global Competition's "Top 100 Women in Antitrust"
- Named in The International Who’s Who of Competition Lawyers and Economists
- Named in the Euromoney's Experts Guide
- Named by her peers among The Best Lawyers in America® in Advertising and Antitrust Law
- Named in the Guide to the World's Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers
- Named in a list of New York "Super Lawyers" (2006-2016)