For hotel/motel developers, owners, management companies, operators and lenders, today’s economic environment poses challenges on multiple fronts that go beyond legal issues. Clearly the impact of job losses, potential and real loan delinquencies and declines in occupancy and hotel valuations bring legal concerns front and center with strategic development and operational planning.
Fox Rothschild is well-known within the hotel/motel and hospitality industries for our proactive approach to client representation. Many of our lawyers have served as in-house counsel within both large and small hotel groups, bringing an insider’s perspective to real world issues. Legal advisors first and foremost, we also bring to the table significant business acumen and thought leadership to help clients seize new opportunities, overcome challenges and look beyond the current environment. We provide a wide range of legal resources related to:
- Real estate
- Labor and employment
- Tax (assessment, appeals and exemptions)
- FASB 157
- Intellectual property
We represent independent and franchise owners, boutique hotel groups, operators and management companies throughout the United States and abroad, and both full-service and limited-service hoteliers in the:
- Negotiation and documentation of acquisitions and dispositions
- Financing arrangements (borrower, lender, investor, public-private financing)
- Hotel management agreements and a variety of contractual and personnel issues, including franchise agreements, vendor transactions and supplier contracts
- Hotel workouts and bankruptcies
- Negotiation of labor contracts and disputes
- Zoning and land use issues concerning hotel development
We keep our hotelier clients abreast of changes in the law through our active participation in groups such as the Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) and frequently write for the industry publication Hospitality Law. We maintain our leading edge through collaborative efforts with our attorneys in practice areas that run the gamut of federal, state and local laws.