In practice for more than 35 years, Howard is considered a go-to real estate attorney in South Florida by his clients. He guides real estate companies through various real estate and commercial development matters.
Howard’s practice encompasses commercial development, financing, sales and acquisitions, resort and hotel development and property leasing. He is particularly well-versed in representing clients in the acquisition, sale, development and financing of commercial projects for office and industrial properties.
Howard also works with retail and wholesale distributors in various matters.
Before Fox Rothschild
Howard served as managing shareholder for two decades of the West Palm Beach and Boca Raton offices of Greenberg Traurig.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An active member of the Palm Beach community, Howard dedicates his time to several organizations, including the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, where he serves as a member of the board of directors.
He has also served on the board of directors for the United Way of Palm Beach County since 1992 and has been a member of the organization’s executive committee since 1997, where he has recently been appointed as an Emeritus Member.
Howard was also formerly president of the Center for Information and Crisis Services, a member of the board of directors of the Deaf Service Center, president and executive committee member of The Children’s Place and Connor’s Nursery, and on the board of directors of the Armory Art Center.
While in law school, Howard was a member of Law Review and the Order of the Coif.
- Represented several clients in the acquisition, sale, development and financing of commercial properties and office buildings, regional malls and other retail developers, operators and lenders.
- Represented mixed-use residential community developers and developers of golf courses and surrounding course communities.
- Represented developers in several beach resort communities in Florida and Georgia.
Honors & Awards
- Selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” for Real Estate Law (2008-2017)
- Recipient of the “Award for Excellence in Real Estate” by Chambers USA (2010, 2013)
- Member of the “Real Estate Practice Group of the Year” by Law360 (2011-2012)
- Selected as a “Palm Beach Ultimate CEO”by South Florida Business Journal (2011)
- Included in a list of “Leading Lawyers” by South Florida Business Journal (2010)
- Included in a list of “The Leaders of South Florida Business” South Florida Business Journal (2010)
- Included in a list of “Must-Know Contacts, Palm Beach County: Community Portrait,” South Florida Business Journal (2010)
- Selected as one of the “Leaders of South Florida Business” South Florida Business Leaders Magazine (2009)
- Included in a list of “Florida Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers (2006-2009)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent™ rated