Immigration Practice Matters
- Represent a 26-year-old sheep herder from Darfur, western Sudan, in a nationally publicized case about his escape from genocide and refugee camps to come to the U.S. and secure asylum.
- Handled the immigration needs of designers and other professionals for a major international fashion house.
- Counseled a Dutch manufacturer on launch of a U.S. office and staffing it with key technical personnel.
- Advised a major institution on compliance with employer sanctions law, reviewed the I-9 forms, and provided guidance to human resources staff on maintaining compliance.
- Represented a teaching hospital in securing H-1B visas for all of its entering medical residents.
- Secured "outstanding professor or researcher" visas for accomplished researchers in private industry.
- Represented an Israeli military officer in his permanent residency as creator of internationally recognized "Peacemakers" game technology (simulating Arab-Israeli negotiations).
- Gained a waiver of J-1 two-year foreign residence requirement for a pediatric pulmonary specialist from Lebanon.
- Represented a biomedical engineer on his application for a national interest waiver immigrant visa petition.
- Assisted a foreign national in filing for removal of the conditions of his conditional permanent residency after divorcing his U.S. citizen wife.