Breck has a general real estate, commercial transactions and finance practice. His experience includes representation of owners, investors, developers, landlords, tenants, lenders and borrowers with:
- Acquisition, development and disposition of commercial properties
- Commercial leasing transactions
- Commercial lending and borrowing transactions
- Mortgage foreclosure litigation, landlord-tenant litigation and contract enforcement
- Subdivision, land use and zoning matters
- Entity matters, including formation and dissolution, respecting Delaware entities including limited liability companies and corporations
- Delaware legal opinion preparation, including Delaware Limited Liability Company Act opinions, authority to file voluntary bankruptcy petition opinions, and Delaware mortgage transaction opinions
- Real property tax assessment appeal and exemption, and realty transfer taxation matters
- Title examination and title insurance matters
- Delaware charter school representation
- Represented a research and development park owner in a multi-building $10 million commercial mortgage refinancing with a regional lender.
- Represented a governmental entity in the sale of a $5.5 million office property and negotiation of a long-term purchase right of first refusal agreement.
- Delaware counsel to a national commercial financial institution in connection with a $140 million mortgage financing of a multi-property energy facility.
- Represented a commercial borrower and guarantor affiliates in a $16.5 million multi-loan facility borrowing with a regional lender.
- Represented a public utility with site acquisition and zoning variance relief for the location of a new $6 million process project.
- Preparation of legal opinion letters regarding Delaware LLC Act matters and authority to file a voluntary bankruptcy petition respecting multiple Delaware limited liability company borrowers in connection with a $74 million commercial mortgage financing.
- Represented a real estate investment trust owner of a regional shopping mall in the successful appeal of a multi-million dollar assessment by the local property jurisdiction of an ad valorem tax assessment increase and the imposition of realty transfer tax.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Breck was a real estate attorney in the Business Group of a Wilmington, Delaware law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
From 2006 to 2008, Breck served as Chair of the Real and Personal Property Section of the Delaware State Bar Association. From 2008 to 2010, Breck served as an At Large Council Member of the Real and Personal Property Section of the Delaware State Bar Association. During 2008, Breck served on the Delaware Governor’s Task Force on Information Assurance regarding digital transactions and electronic notarization.
Honors & Awards
- Included in the list of Delaware’s top lawyers in Delaware Today magazine (2001, 2006)
- Received a Delaware State Bar Association President’s Citation (2001)