For more than two decades, Jack Kolpen has served as a trusted legal and business advisor to his clients--individuals, partnerships, joint ventures and corporations of all sizes--representing them in a wide array of litigation, general business and corporate matters.
Jack serves as Chair of the Princeton Office's Litigation Department. He has successfully litigated scores of complex cases in both state and federal courts, and has represented his clients in equal numbers of arbitrations and mediations with equal success. He is respected for his breadth of knowledge relating to civil procedure and his ability to navigate complex litigation within the New Jersey courts.
- successfully defended a major manufacturer of pregnancy test kits against patent infringement claims
- successfully blocked an Open Public Records Act request that would have made public his client’s proprietary and confidential business information, which had been submitted by the client in response to a government request for a proposal
- successfully represented an individual in a complex trust litigation case, convincing the court to vacate an order of a prior judge who had ruled that the trust was irrevocable, thus restoring his client’s right to freely transfer her property at death in accordance with her current desires
- successfully represented a medical device manufacturer against its insurance carrier in a $100 million coverage matter in which the court held that an intellectual property exclusion was void
- successfully defended a prominent private label manufacturer in an action by a former officer, director and majority shareholder who claimed the company owed him substantial benefits
- successfully represented a Fortune 500 defense contractor in a breach of contract suit against an equipment liquidator
- successfully defended an international pharmaceutical company in claims by a former employee that the company had breached an options contract
- successfully defended a multinational corporation in a class action lawsuit concerning the sale of allegedly defective electronic equipment
- successfully defended a mid-sized pharmaceutical company in securities class action litigation
Before Fox Rothschild
Before entering private practice, Jack was a law clerk to the Hon. Judith A. Yaskin, J.S.C. (ret.), of the Superior Court of New Jersey. Jack was graduated from Rutgers College as a Henry Rutgers Scholar with highest distinction.