Jake serves as a trusted adviser to a variety of clients, providing strategic legal guidance and practical counsel in matters of consequence. With diverse, hands-on experience in state and federal court at both the trial and appellate levels, Jake represents clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including gaming, technology, health care, construction, action sports and real estate development.
Jake’s representative matters include:
- Leading the defense of a national distributor of gaming equipment against claims under the New Jersey Franchise Practices Act.
- Leading the defense of a $1 million will contest turning on the validity of a deathbed codicil.
- Prosecuting business breakups, with particular experience in the dissociation of members of limited liability companies.
- Representing a major recording label in a high-profile dispute over a recording agreement.
- Prosecuting and defending multimillion-dollar professional liability matters across diverse industries.
Jake devotes a significant portion of his practice to appellate matters and has developed a reputation for his innovative strategies and ability to successfully advocate on his clients’ behalf. He has drafted a number of successful appellate briefs across many areas of the law. From the initial evaluation and preparation to ongoing consultation throughout the trial to the final judgment, Jake adeptly handles all facets of the case.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Jake served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roberto A. Rivera-Soto of the New Jersey Supreme Court. As an undergrad, Jake played tailback on the varsity football team and was a member of three league championship teams. He was also a member of the University of Miami Business Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jake’s family roots in Atlantic City stretch back more than 100 years. Following in his family’s footsteps, Jake is active in professional and community organizations, including the board of directors of the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of Beron Jewish Older Adult Services and the Milton and Betty Katz JCC of Atlantic County and remains active within the University of Pennsylvania football alumni community. Jake lives with his wife and two children in Margate, New Jersey.
Garden State Gavel Blog
Each year, approximately seven million new cases are filed in New Jersey’s courts, and every day, our attorneys are right there helping clients navigate those suits from the moment they land at their doorstep. In this blog, Fox’s New Jersey litigation attorneys provide updates on the latest in litigation, including relevant case law, trials and new laws and regulations.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the 2015 Honorable Benjamin A. Rimm Award from the Atlantic County Bar Association
- Included in the list of "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014)
- Young Leadership Award from the Jewish Federation of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (2014)
- Included in the "10th Annual 40 Under 40" list by Atlantic City Weekly (2014)
- Included in a list of "New Jersey Rising Stars" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2011-2016)
- Selected to serve as 2013 Campaign Chair for the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties