A trusted adviser, Jake provides strategic legal guidance and practical counsel in matters of consequence. With experience in state and federal court at both the trial and appellate levels, Jake represents clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including gaming, technology, health care, construction, action sports and real estate development.
Jake’s representative matters include:
- Leading the defense of a national distributor of gaming equipment against claims under the New Jersey Franchise Practices Act.
- Leading the defense of a $1 million will contest.
- Prosecuting and defending business breakups.
- Prosecuting and defending multimillion-dollar professional liability matters across diverse industries.
Jake devotes a portion of his practice to appellate matters, where he leverages his experience as a former clerk to the Honorable Roberto A. Rivera-Soto in the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Before Fox Rothschild
As an undergrad, Jake played tailback on the varsity football team and was a member of three league championship teams. He was also a member of the University of Miami Business Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jake’s family roots in Atlantic City stretch back more than 100 years. Following in his family’s footsteps, Jake is active in professional and community organizations, including the board of directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City and the board of trustees of the New Jersey affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union. Jake lives with his wife and children in Margate, New Jersey.
Honors & Awards
- 2015 Honorable Benjamin A. Rimm Award from the Atlantic County Bar Association
- "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014)
- Young Leadership Award from the Jewish Federation of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (2014)
- "10th Annual 40 Under 40" list by Atlantic City Weekly (2014)
- Included in a list of "New Jersey Rising Stars" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2011-2017)
- 2013 Campaign Chair for the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties