Jade solves clients’ employment law problems. She has 20 years of legal experience across multiple states, industries and practice areas. For the past decade, she has assisted California clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including dozens of wage and hour class actions, discrimination and harassment litigation, administrative hearings and handbook drafting.
- Secured summary judgment on behalf of a hospital system facing allegations of employment discrimination and wrongful termination in Superior Court for the County of San Francisco. Demonstrated to the court that client had valid, non-discriminatory reasons for terminating the plaintiff.
- Successfully defended a landscaping company against an employee’s wage and hour complaint filed with the Office of the Labor Commissioner for the State of California. Plaintiff sought thousands in wages, damages and penalties, but was awarded nothing.
- Prevailed on behalf of a medical foundation facing claims it owned a medical assistant more than $17,000 for 775 missed rest breaks over a three-year period. The Labor Commissioner for the State of California ruled in favor of the medical foundation, awarding the employee nothing.
- Defended a medical center against claims that it owed an employee more than $6,000, plus interest and penalties, in a dispute over meal and rest periods. The Labor Commissioner for the State of California ruled in favor of the medical center, awarding the plaintiff nothing.
Jade has extensive knowledge of the California Fair Pay Act, and is a frequent speaker on the topic.
- Equal Pay Act in Action: Current topics in perceived gender pay inequality, delivered as part of employment seminar for startups sponsored by Fox Rothschild and Welch Consulting, November 2017
- The Fair Pay Act, Bay Area Compensation Association, April 2017
- California Fair Pay Act, July 2016, Fox Rothschild offices
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Jade litigated complex commercial matters in New York, built a wage and hour practice from the ground up and founded a San Francisco-based labor and employment law firm. She has litigated at various firms in both California and New York and served as a law clerk at a New Hampshire-based law firm.
While in law school, Jade worked as an intern in the Civil Rights Division of the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office. She also participated in the University of Pittsburgh School of Law’s Elder Law Clinic.