Jaemin Chang is a member of the firm’s litigation department and represents private clients in real estate and business litigation matters throughout California. She handles commercial litigation matters, including business torts, trade secret disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, breach of contract, non- compete, and directors and officers liability matters. Additionally, Jaemin counsels individuals, officers, directors, and companies on all aspects of business litigation.
Her representative matters include:
- Obtained a defense judgment on behalf of a property owner against claims of unlawful business practice and fraud.
- Substituted in as counsel of record shortly before trial and obtained a defense judgment against a breach of real estate sale contract claims and an award of damages on counter-claims.
- Obtained a walk-way settlement on behalf of a director and acquiring company facing breach of contract and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Defended majority shareholders, directors, and officers against breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims.
- Successfully negotiated a multimillion-dollar settlement in an international litigation involving a joint venture contract dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an employer against sexual harassment claims.
- Successfully prosecuted fraud and contract claims on behalf of shareholders against an acquiring corporation.
- Successfully prosecuted securities fraud and breach of promissory note claims on behalf of a victim of Ponzi scheme.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of an employer against multimillion-dollar wage and hour class actions.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jaemin is a former law clerk for the University of San Francisco Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic, where she handled domain name, trade mark and copyright disputes.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jaemin provides legal and social services to clients through the Community Legal Clinic program of the Korean American Bar Association. She also serves as a volunteer for Food Runners, an organization dedicated to alleviating hunger in San Francisco. Jaemin is a former volunteer talent scout for the City of Oakland Art and Soul Festival and Oh So Little Art House Café.
Honors & Awards
- Named "Rising Stars" by SuperLawyers (2012 – 2014)