Jim regularly represents carriers in matters involving all aspects of insurance, including the termination of agency relationships, coverage disputes, trademark infringement, breach of contract disputes, claims of bad faith and subrogation actions.
He also advises insurers on a wide range of coverage issues involving construction defects, environmental issues, trademark infringement, personal injury, wrongful death, and professional negligence.
- Obtained summary judgment for an insurance carrier in state court action alleging breach of contract and various tort claims stemming from the termination of an agency agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of complaint filed in the federal district court alleging that an underlying subrogation action filed by insurance carrier constituted abuse of process under Ohio law.
- Protected insurance company’s trademarks against infringement by an Ohio brokerage firm, bringing claims of unfair competition, trademark infringement, trademark dilution and cybersquatting under the Lanham Act, as well as claims under Ohio state law. Negotiated a final settlement that achieved all terms sought by the client insurance company.
- Defended a third party administrator against a Pennsylvania public school district’s breach of contract allegations over rebate payments. Filed a lawsuit against the school district that resulted in a settlement in which the district paid the prescription management firm 100 percent of the fees it owed the company and dropped its lawsuit.
- Represented insurance carriers in numerous declaratory judgment and bad faith actions in state and federal courts throughout the United States.