Janet is the leader of the Patent Prosecution & Transactions Practice Group at Fox Rothschild. She focuses her practice on the worldwide acquisition and enforcement of patents in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical arts. She has extensive experience in all areas of patent practice, including preparation, prosecution and portfolio management. Janet provides opinions on patentability, infringement, validity and freedom to operate and also conducts intellectual property due diligence reviews. She has experience in counseling clients on Hatch-Waxman and other patent-related FDA matters.
Janet has prepared and prosecuted patent applications and counseled clients on inventions relating to technologies including small molecule pharmaceuticals, recombinant therapeutic and diagnostic products, pharmacogenomics, nucleic acid amplification and sequencing methods, stem cells and antibodies.
Janet’s representative matters include:
- Conducting freedom to operate analyses and providing product launch advice to mid-size U.S. pharmaceutical company
- Representing academic research institution in worldwide patent prosecution and licensing matters
- Representing biopharmaceutical company in IP due diligence analysis involving more than 1,000 patents and patent applications
- Representing biotechnology company in IP due diligence for proposed merger transaction valued at $1.6 billion.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Janet was a partner with Crowell & Moring LLP.
America Invents Act: Micro Entity Status for Institutions of Higher Education
The Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) has created a new class of patent applicants designated as “micro entities” who are entitled to a 75 percent reduction in certain fees paid to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. In this podcast, Janet and Chris Kinkade discuss the criteria applicants need in order to fall within either of two groups defined by the AIA in order to qualify as micro entities.
Listen to the Podcast
Honors & Awards
- Selected as a "Life Sciences Star" for her outstanding patent work by LMG Life Sciences (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" by New York Super Lawyers and Law & Politics Magazine (2010)