Jason focuses his practice on representing secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, debtors and creditors’ committees in complex, high-profile bankruptcy cases, particularly in Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
An experienced bankruptcy attorney, Jason has appeared before the Third Circuit, as well as before bankruptcy and district courts throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Most notably, Jason has worked on the following matters:
- Co-counsel to the Chapter 7 Trustee for the estate of Downey Financial, Inc., and assisted in the trustee’s victory against the FDIC-R in an ownership dispute over tax refunds in excess of $400 million
- Co-counsel to the unsecured creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 case of Casale Industries
- Co-counsel to Paragon Paper, Inc., a Chapter 11 debtor-in-possession in the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, and successfully completed the debtor’s Chapter 11 reorganization
- Co-counsel to the Chapter 7 trustee for the estates of TransVantage Solutions, Inc., a multimillion-dollar Chapter 7 case in the District of New Jersey
- Served as general counsel to a regional office furniture and supply company with annual revenues in excess of $75 million on various matters
- Defended the recipient of alleged fraudulent transfers in an adversary action in the District of Maryland
Jason is particularly experienced in the automotive industry where he handles complex matters on behalf of automotive dealers in consumer and manufacturer based litigation as well as in transactions related to mergers and acquisitions, including the largest Porsche dealership in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In the real estate realm, he has served as counsel to a real estate investment trust in its acquisition of a commercial ground lease valued at $25 million.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jason was a summer associate at Fox Rothschild. He also served as an extern to the Honorable Mary Walrath in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware.
Prior to his legal career, Jason was an IBO Analyst in the Global Credit Risk Management Department of the Investment Bank of JP Morgan Chase.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jason is a significant supporter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation and serves as head of its “Men on the Move” team, which was organized for spouses to show support to women affected by breast cancer. The “Men on the Move” team was featured on a variety of news outlets, including CBS News and QVC.