Jed has provided legal counsel to clients with international business operations for more than 35 years. As the former Latin America General Counsel for Cargill from 1995 to 2015, he was responsible for a 70-person legal team and was lead counsel on numerous international acquisitions, divestitures and joint venture projects. Fluent in Spanish, he has extensive experience in compliance and FCPA matters, including training, investigations and risk assessment.
- Served as lead lawyer for multi-jurisdictional acquisitions and divestitures for clients operating in the processed meats and animal nutrition/pet food industries. Successfully handled transactions ranging in value from $20 million to more than $900 million.
- Served as lead lawyer for numerous joint venture transactions in Latin America, United States and Asia.
- Held a leadership role in teaching and enforcing compliance with FCPA/ethical rules, including conducting and leading internal investigations in United States and internationally.
- Successfully led teams of legal professionals and improved results with Business Excellence and Continuous Improvement principles.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Jed was of counsel at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. He previously served as Latin America General Counsel for Cargill from 1995 to 2015, where he was responsible for a 70-person legal team and was lead counsel on numerous international acquisitions, divestitures and joint venture projects.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, General Counsel of the Year Award, Latin America Corporate Counsel Association (2014)