Jeff has litigated numerous high-profile intellectual property, entertainment, corporate and environmental disputes. He has extensive experience resolving copyrights and trademarks matters on behalf of media companies, artists and producers. Jeff also handles a variety of technology-related issues such as patent infringement and claims of Internet advertising fraud.
Additionally, Jeff has played a significant role defending corporate clients against major environmental liabilities and representing multinational pharmaceutical companies in product liability lawsuits.
- American Master Lease LLC v. Idanta Partners, Ltd., 2014 WL 4678703 (Cal. App. 2014): Successfully overturned a $7 million jury verdict on appeal.
- Cabell v. Zorro Productions, Inc., 2014 WL 5365444 (W.D. Wash. October 21, 2014): Obtained dismissal of claims for copyright and trademark cancellation.
- X6D Ltd. V. Li-Tek Corp., Case No. 10-CV-02327 (C.D. Cal. 2012): Obtained summary judgment of trade secret and copyright claims on behalf of a Chinese manufacturer.
- Bal Seal Engineering Co., Inc. v. Jay Qiang Huang, 2011 WL 11796683 (S.D. Cal. 2011): Obtained a highly favorable claim construction ruling resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Buica v. Talent Ventures of California, Inc., Case No. BC366402 (L.A.S.C 2010): Second chaired a case resulting in a $2.7 million jury verdict.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Jeff was a partner at a national law firm where he was a member of the IP Strategy Committee. He was also previously an associate at high-profile litigation boutique.
While in law school, Jeff was a member of the Journal of Corporation Law and served as case editor for the Moot Court Board. He was also a participant in the Van Oosterhout Moot Court Competition.
During college, Jeff served as editorialist for the Northern Iowan.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars in Business Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation” (2011)
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” (2007, 2008, 2010)