Jeff focuses his practice on complex litigation and Appellate practice. He is recognized by Chambers USA and is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Lawyer. This certification is bestowed by the Court upon select attorneys who demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in a specific area of law or practice and have been recognized by their peers as having sufficient skills and reputation in the designated area of law, among other requirements.
He has significant experience in:
- Complex litigation (Unfair Trade Practice, Anti-Trust and Lanham Act)
- Advising policyholders as well as representing them at trial against insurers on complex insurance claims, including intellectual property coverage, Bermuda form claims, products liability coverage, regulatory estoppel claims and coverage for alleged unfair trade practices
- Representing insurance carriers on reinsurance claims
Jeff has represented policyholders in litigation, including, but not limited to, cases involving:
- Comprehensive General Liability (CGL)
- Business interruption
- Umbrella liability
- Products liability
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jeff was elected to serve as a member of The American Law Institute (ALI) – a nonprofit, independent organization dedicated to producing scholarly work that clarifies, modernizes and improves the law. As a member, Jeffrey has the opportunity to work with other lawyers, judges and academics in influencing the development of the law in both existing and emerging areas.
In 2013, Jeff was elected to the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation. The foundation serves as a research organization dedicated to the study of law, legal institutions, and legal processes. Attorneys are elected by peers, all of whom are Fellows, and chosen for their outstanding achievements and professional distinction.
He is a certified mediator for both the federal and state courts of New Jersey.
Jeff authored two chapters titled, “The General Liability Policy” and “Scope of Coverage Under the General Liability Policy” for the American Bar Association’s upcoming book Environmental Liability and Insurance Recovery. He is also a professional scuba instructor.
Honors & Awards
- “Who’s Who Legal” in the area of Environment Law (2014)
- Named as one of the leading environmental (2008-2016), general commercial (2013), litigation insurance (2012-2016) and litigation (2013) attorneys in New Jersey, Chambers USA
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Included in a list of "The Best Lawyers in America" in the areas of Environmental Law and Insurance Law (2006-2017)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2007 through 2016)
- Included in “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Litigation (2013)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers" in the field of Insurance Coverage by Super Lawyers Magazine (Corporate Counsel Edition) (2010)
- Included in a list of "New Jersey's Best Lawyers" in the area of Environmental Law (2011)
- Included in The International Who's Who of Environment Lawyers (2012, 2013)