Jerry has practiced extensively in the area of traditional labor law, representing employers throughout the United States and Canada. His practice encompasses all aspects of the labor/management relationship, including collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, the administration of labor contracts, and union avoidance. Jerry advises employers on long-term employment and labor law workforce strategies, including relocations, consolidations, mergers, and acquisitions.
Jerry represents numerous multi-employer bargaining associations in a wide variety of industries including hotels/casinos, wholesale liquor, supermarkets, transportation and manufacturing. He was Special Labor Counsel to the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority under former Governors Thomas Kean and Christine Todd Whitman and was Special Labor Counsel to the NY/NJ Port Authority under former Governor Kean. He also served as Special Labor Counsel to former Governor Whitman.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jerry was the founder and CEO of Grotta, Glassman & Hoffman, P.C. (GG&H), a national labor and employment boutique law firm representing management. He was one of the business development forces behind GG&H's growth from a local labor and employment law firm to a nationally recognized boutique representing a wide array of industries. At GG&H, Jerry represented family-owned businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies.
Honors & Awards
- For more than 20 years, included in the list of "Best Lawyers in America" in the area of Labor and Employment Law
- Named "Newark Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers (2012)
- Included in the list of "Super Lawyers" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2006 through 2009)
- Included in the list of "Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers" in the area of Labor and Employment Law (2009 and 2010)
* Jerry, a Senior Counsel in the Roseland office, is not admitted in Florida. He acts as a consultant to the West Palm office on Federal and Administrative issues in the area of Labor and Employment Law.