Jimmy focuses his practice on the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical fields. He provides a full range of patent law services to his clients, including developing and managing their worldwide patent portfolios, assisting in patent matters in connection with strategic alliance and technology transfer transactions and conducting freedom-to-operate, invalidity and non-infringement opinion analysis.
Jimmy, with a doctoral degree in molecular and cell biology, is experienced in patent cases involving molecular biology; developmental biology; stem cells; tissue engineering; immunology; antibodies; vaccines; CRISPR/Cas genome editing, anti-sense technology; RNAi; protein, gene and cell-based therapies; diagnosis or treatments for various disorders; MRI imaging; transgenic plant; genomics; proteomics; bioinformatics; chip-array technologies; biomaterials; drug discovery; and herbal medicine.
Jimmy has prosecuted thousands of patent applications nationally and internationally. He recently secured the following patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 9,909,159 - Highly selective nucleic acid amplification primers
- U.S. Patent No. 9,896,720 - Imaging individual mRNA molecules using multiple singly labeled probes
- U.S. Patent No. 9,783,594 - Human immunodeficiency virus neutralizing antibodies and methods of use thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 9,709,554 - In vitro model of macrosteatotic (fatty) liver
- U.S. Patent No. 9,700,236 - Electronic pelvic organ prolapse quantification system
- U.S. Patent No. 9,657,101 - FC mutants
- U.S. Patent No. 9,594,869 - Genetically engineered microbes and uses thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 9,587,268 - Fast hybridization for next generation sequencing target enrichment
- U.S. Patent No. 9,587,025 - Non-sialylated anti-inflammatory polypeptides
- U.S. Patent No. 9,315,492 - Heterocyclic group contained amino-methanol derivative, and salt, synthetic method and use thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 9,270,084 - Cerium doped magnesium barium tungstate luminescent thin film, manufacturing method and application thereof
- U.S. Patent No. 9,243,725 - Glass-fiber reinforced plastic pipe
Before Fox Rothschild
Before joining the firm, Jimmy was an associate at a boutique intellectual property firm. He also was a patent agent for five years at Fish Richardson PC.
Prior to his legal career, Jimmy conducted research on neural and heart development at Columbia University as a graduate student. During his time at Columbia University, Jimmy’s Ph. D. thesis was awarded With Distinction. He later held a postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard Medical School where he conducted research on oncology, immunology, stem cells and hematopoiesis. Jimmy also advised the business technology group of an international pharmaceutical company on integration issues while studying at the Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University.