Joseph focuses his practice on commercial and technology transactions, leveraging his decade of experience as an IT professional. He handles matters related to privacy law, contracts, information security, and systems and infrastructure administration.
Joseph has experience drafting and negotiating a range of inbound and outbound commercial agreements, including software and IP licenses, software as a service (SAAS) and cloud agreements, end user license agreements (EULA) and terms and conditions of use agreements, among others. He also conducts due diligence and contract review in M&A transactions and IP matters. Joseph assists a variety of clients, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
Before Fox Rothschild
Before joining Fox, Joseph was an associate at a leading Am Law 100 firm. He previously worked for a global printing and technology company, as well as a law firm based in Kansas City, MO. Prior to embarking on his legal career, Joseph worked in the information technology field for a decade.
During law school, Joseph was a legal intern for the University of Kansas. He also served was president of the Black Law Students Association.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Joseph has the following professional certifications:
- IAPP CIPP/US
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Closed more than $1 million in sales opportunities in 2016 for a marketing asset management startup company.
- Closed $3 million of inbound licensing agreements to date for Fortune 100 for-profit health care company.
- Updated and deployed a vendor management and information security program for a Fortune 100 for-profit health care company, with support from in-house counsel and information security staff. Pilot program resulted in 80 percent of vendors accepting the new information security agreement with no change, up from 20 percent.
- Drafted terms of service and privacy notice agreements for cloud communication tool that enables school districts to manage and de-fragment teacher-parent and staff-teacher communications with specific consideration given to compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- Closed more than $15 million in sales opportunities in retail, government and education sectors for a global printing and technology company.