Joseph represents clients in a wide variety of industries in corporate matters, including formation, mergers and acquisitions, debt financing transactions, asset and real estate backed commercial financing documents for lenders and borrowers, distribution and supply agreements, technology licensing and other agreements. He has experience handling both domestic and cross-border transactions and the related jurisdictional issues that arise.
He also acts as counsel to clients during their ongoing commercial, financial and business law needs.
- Represented a private individual in the purchase of an operating manufacturing business and associated real estate assets and the review and restructuring of commercial, employment and succession planning concerns for the new operating business.
- Represented an international construction materials manufacturer and its U.S. subsidiaries in the negotiation and drafting of a sale of stock and intellectual property assets to a publicly traded international construction company.
- Represented a publicly held banking company in the drafting, review and negotiation of loan, security and ancillary documents for a multifacility asset-backed financing transaction.
- Represented a scientific products company in the negotiation and drafting of an asset sale of a business division to a multinational publicly traded company.
- Represented a private chemicals company in the purchase of assets and intellectual property for the creation of a new operating subsidiary. Also negotiated and drafted the financing documents for outside private investment in the new operating subsidiary.
- Represented a consumer products manufacturing and wholesale business in the combination of three active operating businesses into a new operating entity, including business formation and partnership agreements. Also advised the new venture regarding financing and capital restructuring, the combination of commercial relationships and potential conflicts and other business law concerns.
- Represented a private individual in the negotiation and review of various angel investment opportunities, including the drafting and negotiation of various private placement documents and equity, debt and convertible debt instruments and transactions.
- Represented global pharmaceuticals corporation in its $4.5 billion acquisition of foreign health care products manufacturer.
- Coordinated multinational team for a science and technology business in implementation of its acquisition of a global life sciences and diagnostics business.
- Represented a foreign publicly traded manufacturer in an asset acquisition through a 363 bankruptcy transaction.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Joseph was an attorney in the Chicago office of a local and an international law firm. While in law school, he served as editor in chief of the Illinois Law Update in the Illinois Bar Journal.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Joseph is a mentor with HFS Chicago Scholars, a program that supports high-achieving, low-income high school students.