Joseph provides strategic guidance to clients in the Denver area related to their real estate needs. He negotiates, prepares and analyzes a range of transaction documents, including purchase and sale contracts for acquisitions and dispositions of large-scale residential subdivisions, easements, construction and cost share agreements, declaration of CCRs and related homeowners association documents, assignment documents, loan agreements, notes and deeds of trust, security agreements, guaranties, commercial leases, loan opinions, limited liability company operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and limited liability company and corporate resolutions.
With a master’s degree in regional and city/urban planning, Joseph also assists with zoning and subdivision ordinances and entitlement procedures as well as title and survey review, objection and resolution of title and survey issues. Additionally, he counsels condominiums and planned communities on compliance with the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act and handles declarant rights and control issues.
- Represented a developer in a $20 million acquisition, development and sale to national homebuilders of an 800-acre master planned community.
- Represented national homebuilders in large-scale acquisitions of platted lots (paper lots and finished lots).
- Represented a joint venture in the acquisition of an $8.5 million apartment complex in Phoenix, AZ.
- Represented an investor in structuring joint ventures for the acquisition and operation of multiple apartment and office buildings in Denver.
- Represented a national builder in the sale of multiple condominium projects to an investor/developer.
- Represented developers in preparing Declarations of CCRs and related HOA governing documents for residential planned communities and condominiums.
- Represented a developer in a Denver parcel assemblage for a condominium infill project.
- Represented a Stapleton developer in the acquisition of a broken condominium project.
Before Fox Rothschild
Joseph previously served as a real estate associate at three firms in the Denver area. Prior to entering the legal field, he served as news editor for The Daily Oklahoman.
While in law school, Joseph studied in the summer law program at Oxford University.
Honors & Awards
- M&A Deal of the Year (From $10MM to $25MM) for the Acquisition of Nelson Pipeline by Beirne Pipeline Holdings partnered with Axis Private Equity (2015)