Eddie focuses on white collar criminal defense and complex commercial litigation. He regularly defends individuals and organizations in investigations, court and arbitration. He also represents companies and individuals in court and arbitration to recover damages and preserve their business interests.
His clients have included entrepreneurs, executives, investment funds and advisers, certified public accountants, medical doctors, chiropractors, integrated medical practices, professional securities traders and government contractors.
Eddie's experience includes cases involving allegations or charges of:
- Securities fraud
- Healthcare fraud
- Mail, wire, bank and tax fraud
- Computer Fraud Abuse Act violations
- Money laundering
- Food and Drug Act violations
- Civil Rights Act violations
- Represented several small- to medium-sized investors and investment funds before the Securities and Exchange Commission in testimony and document productions.
- Counsel for investment funds in arbitrations against broker-dealers.
- Counsel for owner of a three-doctor integrated medical and chiropractic practice investigated by Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Counsel to an accounting official in a publicly traded company being investigated by the SEC.
- Co-counsel for a CEO in an alleged stock manipulation scheme being investigated by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Counsel for a manufacturing company CFO investigated internally for violating generally accepted accounting practices. No further action was taken by the company or the authorities.
- Co-counsel for Pakistani pharmaceutical business owner charged with U.S. Food and Drug Act & Controlled Substance Act violations.
- Counsel for a medical supply company and its owner, both of which were under investigation for corporate and bank fraud by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the FBI.
- Co-counsel for computer engineer at large financial institution charged with violations of the Computer Fraud Abuse Act and federal theft.
- Co-counsel for export company owner charged with federal bank, wire and identity fraud, as well as aggravated identification fraud. Resulted in a mistrial for the identification fraud and aggravated identification fraud charges.
- Counsel for owner of a check cashing business under investigation by the U.S. Secret Service for possible participation in offenses similar to Operation Mass Mail, a phony IRS return scheme.
- Counsel for business owner under investigation for violations of Pennsylvania’s Charitable Purposes Act.
- Pre-indictment counsel for small business owner indicted for conspiracy to introduce misbranded drugs in interstate commerce and to structure financial deposits, bank fraud, wire fraud and money laundering.
- Co-counsel for a midsize manufacturer suing a municipality for civil rights violations.
- Co-counsel in a state Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act matter.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Eddie was an associate at a boutique white collar defense firm.
During law school, Eddie served as a student attorney for the Georgetown Law Criminal Justice Clinic and a legal intern in the New York County District Attorney’s Office. Eddie was captain of the swim team at Washington College.