A seasoned litigator and trial attorney, Kathy helps clients protect and preserve their interests in business and health care disputes and trust controversies. She regularly represents majority and minority owners, officers and directors in intra-company conflicts and helps businesses safeguard their trade secrets and intellectual property from improper use.
Kathy also counsels employers on mitigating risks related to violations of employment agreements—including noncompetes—and has successfully defended clients in lawsuits brought by employees. In addition, she has brought or defended more than 15 motions for temporary restraining orders or other injunctive relief and tried 10 lawsuits to verdict or decision.
- Represents Minnesota’s largest health plan in contract and commercial disputes, provider disputes and subscriber matters.
- Northstar Neurological Clinic, P.A. v. BCBSM, Inc. — Arbitration of provider disputes.
- Urology Associates v. BCBSM, Inc. — Arbitration of provider disputes.
- BCBSM, Inc. v. Watson Wyatt et al. — Successfully resolved disputes regarding pension plan.
- HealthPartners v. South Central Service Cooperative v. BCBSM, Inc. — Obtained summary dismissal of challenge to a contract for health care coverage.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Kathy was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. While in law school, she was an editor for the William Mitchell Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Kathy participates in the Tubman Safety Project, which provides pro bono legal representation to low-income victims of domestic violence seeking protection orders.
She also served as an adjunct professor of business law at the College of St. Catherine.
Honors & Awards
- Named among the "Women’s Super Lawyers" in the Minnesota Women’s Edition of Super Lawyers Magazine (2016)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2010–2016)
- Named in Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine as one of the “Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota” (2014-2015)
- Named to “North Star Lawyers” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2016)
- Recipient, Tubman Safety Project Attorney of the Year (2004)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine (1998–2008)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Rated