Kelly represents clients in a variety of real estate matters, including negotiating and drafting agreements for real estate conveyances, financing and leasing. She has served as both first and second chair in closings for purchases and sales of commercial real estate.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Kelly worked as an associate in the real estate practices at two Illinois-based law firms.
While in law school, Kelly was an intern at an Illinois-based law firm as well as a judicial extern for the Honorable Sue E. Myerscough of the Illinois Appellate Court, Fourth District. Kelly also served as a staff member and as survey editor-in-chief of the Southern Illinois University Law Journal.
- Participated in the representation of a real estate investment trust with respect to disposition of 56 retail properties ($73 million).
- Participated in the representation of a client with respect to the addition of a joint venture member and refinancing of real property.
- Participated in the representation of a tenant with respect to large industrial space in Ontario, Canada.
- Drafted industrial leases for the landlord/owner of a large industrial building (470,000 sq. ft.).
- Participated in the representation of 31 tenants-in-common in the sale of an investment property ($10.2 million).
- Participated in the representation of a large health care provider in the rezoning of 10 properties as part of an expansion plan.
- Represented a developer in the development of a common interest community for persons 55 years of age or older.
- Drafted and negotiated a buy-sell agreement for the purchase of a business and commercial property.
- Counseled a client on new property tax exemption rules for hospitals in Illinois.
- Counseled a client with regard to eminent domain powers of the Mid-Illinois Medical District.
- Represented a client in an action against a coal company that was building structures across the client’s property for transport of coal. Successfully argued for a temporary restraining order against the coal company.
Honors & Awards
- Named to SuperLawyers list of "Rising Stars" (2016)
- Order of the Barristers
- Illinois State Bar Association’s Abraham Lincoln Award Writing Contest, Second Place (2013)