With more than 10 years of experience working with clients across a range of industries, Kevin strives to provide clients with a practical and cost-effective approach in order to identify key legal and business issues from the outset and achieve specified goals as efficiently as possible. He has significant experience in advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity matters and venture capital transactions. In particular, Kevin also provides general corporate counsel services to startup, emerging growth and middle market companies in the areas of intellectual property transfer, securities, executive employment and tax matters.
Kevin’s broad industry experience has encompassed working with clients in the technology, software, Internet services, medical device, pharmaceutical, energy, clean technology, health care, manufacturing, financial services, homebuilding, automotive and public safety industries. As a member of Fox’s Technology & Venture Finance, Life Sciences and Executive Compensation Practice Groups, Kevin speaks regularly to business owners and executives on issues such as entity formation, protecting personal assets, raising capital, incentive compensation and mergers and acquisitions.
Kevin recently served as a member of the life science selection committee for the 2010 IMPACT Conference hosted by the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technology (PACT) and as a member of the service provider screening committee for Pennsylvania Bio. He regularly takes part in Early Stage East and ACG's M&A East , and has contributed to Villanova University School of Law classes in the areas of corporate finance and emerging business issues.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Kevin is a member of the G3 Network of Delaware County, a group of 20+ business professionals who formed a networking partnership more than three years ago in order to benefit the greater community by raising awareness and hosting fundraising events for individuals and families in need of financial assistance. He is also a member of the Emerging Leaders of the Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry, the Main Line Chamber of Commerce and Men-In-Motion and is a graduate of the Chester County Leadership Connection, which focuses on the development of board members for non-profit associations.
- Represented a Swiss medical device company in all aspects of its U.S. and worldwide operations, including eight strategic acquisitions in the United States, Europe and Asia, a $50 million private equity financing by a group of European private equity firms and the $120 million sale of the company to a publicly traded U.S. company.
- Represented a southeastern U.S.-based homebuilder in connection with a $12 million common and preferred stock financing and all aspects of its initial homebuilding operations, including joint ventures with other homebuilders.
- Represented a quality control solutions provider to the clinical trial, in-vitro diagnostics, food, beverage, environmental and industrial process markets in connection with its $21.5 million sale to a publicly traded Swiss company.
- Represented an early stage biotechnology company in connection with a $15 million venture capital investment and a spin-out of wound treatment technology from a large publicly traded health care company.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with its $2.5 million investment for the financing, construction and operation of a refinery for petroleum and petroleum-based products.
- Represented a Pennsylvania-based fire and safety equipment industry leader in connection with its $7 million acquisition of two competitors.
- Represented a publicly traded financial services provider in connection with its acquisition of an employee benefits brokerage and consulting business for $4.5 million.
- Represented a Philadelphia-based venture capital firm in connection with its $2 million preferred stock financing of an Internet search marketing firm and several bridge loans to its portfolio companies totaling $2.5 million.
- Represented a media management and publishing solutions company with a total of approximately $5 million in preferred stock financings by a Massachusetts-based venture capital fund.
- Represented numerous startup and emerging companies in connection with friends and family, angel and venture capital investments, technology licensing, provision of incentive compensation to key employees and other strategic business issues.
- Represented a data analytics technology company in its acquisition by a leading provider of wealth management technology and services for investment advisers.
Emerging Companies Insider
The Emerging Companies Insider Blog focuses on recent and developing areas of the law affecting startup and emerging growth companies and their investors, including choice of entity, shareholders’ agreements, issuance of equity to employees, preparing for and executing a capital raise, exit strategies and the JOBS Act and its impact on how companies can and should raise capital from investors.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "Pennsylvania Rising Stars" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2006, 2007, and 2008)
- Named on the Main Line Today Top Lawyer list in the area of Business Law (2011)